Learn how to soften feet fast
This site contains affiliate links to products. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
* Health disclaimer, See below.
One thing people tell us is, they want to learn how to soften feet fast.
As a rule, you want to smooth the calluses off over time to prevent painful over filed heels. If you take too much off, you won’t be able to wear those cute shoes because your feet will hurt too much even to stand up.
But I understand if you have a hot date or party coming up and you have a new pair of slingbacks to wear.
Ideally, you should go to a podiatrist or a pedicurist and have a pedicure with a paraffin treatment. Still, not everyone has access to those services.
How to soften feet fast
You can make a big difference by doing a home treatment to soften your feet fast-the longer time you have to get ready for your event better.
Initially, start by plugging in your paraffin bath and have it ready-to-use right after your file your feet. Depending on your unit, it might take up to 2 hours. I set mine up on the kitchen floor just in case there are any little spills from dipping my feet.
Supplies You Will Need To Get Started
If you have a week before your event
Follow these steps
- Soak your feet in a foot tub with a callus softening foot soak. Do this for the recommended amount of time on the package of the heel softening foot soak.
- After that file your heels for a few minutes.
- Rinse your feet off.
- Massage lotion or a cream made for cracked heels into your feet for a few minutes.
- Get your paraffin pot ready and dip your foot into the pot. Dip it repeatedly 5 or 6 times. Put the plastic baggy over the paraffin covered foot.
- Put your regular sock over the plastic bag with the paraffin in it. This keeps the paraffin warm and keeps the baggy on the foot.
- Do the same with the other foot.
Sit with these on for up to an hour or however long you can stand it.
When you take it off, dispose of the baggy with the old paraffin in it.
Before bed, reapply lotion and then put your moisture infused socks or heel sleeve on and keep them on throughout the night.
On alternate days apply lotion 2 times daily and wear your moister socks or heels sleeves.
Do this every other day until your event.
If you only have a day before your event
Follow these steps
- Soak your feet for a few minutes in the tub.
- Add a callus softener foot soak or gel if you have one.
- Use your foot file and gradually file your feet. Don’t take too much off, or your feet will hurt!
- Apply vaseline or a thick layer of cream and put some socks on until you have to leave for your event.
Your feet should look a lot softer after all your hard work. As a result, you will need to wipe your feet off well before putting your shoes on. You might even have to put talc on the bottom of your feet to keep your heels from slipping in the shoes,
It’s daunting to have to go out in public if you are self-conscious about your feet. With a bit of work, you can get decent results a feel better about wearing those cute shoes.
*The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
Our Top Blog Posts to Fix Cracked Heels